Buying or selling? I will be there for you every step of the way.
The Home Buying Process
Our goal at Howard Hanna Real Estate Services is to help everyone realize the American dream of home ownership. We've compiled an easy to follow, step-by-step guide to the process:
- Begin With The Best. Begin your home search by establishing a working relationship with your Howard Hanna real estate counselor at any of our conveniently located neighborhood locations.
- Become Financially Pre-approved. Begin your home search knowing you are approved to buy. Become pre-approved for your mortgage with the Howard Hanna Mortgage Services loan officer conveniently located in your Howard Hanna office.
- Refine Your Home Search. Your Howard Hanna sales associate will help you define your specific housing and lifestyle requirements and will present those homes which match your specified needs.
- Present The Offer to Purchase. Once you've found the home of your dreams, your Howard Hanna sales associate presents a written offer to purchase to the seller. The seller either accepts or rejects your offer, or makes a counter offer.
- Reaching an Agreement. You and the seller will agree on the price and terms, including closing and settlement dates.
- Sale Contract is Executed. We will oversee the contract of sale to assure proper execution.
- Mortgage Application Finalized. Secure your mortgage loan with your Howard Hanna Loan Officer.
- Earnest Money In Trust Account. At this point, all earnest money must be placed in a Trust Account through Barristers of Ohio Title and Escrow Services.
- Inspections Scheduled. At this time, the various home inspections you have elected will be scheduled.
- Ordering Title Insurance. We will order clear title verification and title insurance for your new home.
- Follow Up On Financing. Your Howard Hanna Mortgage Services Loan Officer will follow up on all details regarding the final mortgage commitment.
- Your Mortgage is Approved. Review the terms with your Howard Hanna Mortgage Services Loan Officer, sign and then return to lender.
- Purchase Home Owner's Insurance. Obtain homeowner's insurance, which is required by all lenders, prior to closing.
- Confirm Closing. Establish the desired date of closing with your Howard Hanna sales associate .
- Transfer of Utilities. Review the transfer of utilities with your Howard Hanna sales associate
- Confirm Closing Costs. Get the final closing costs from your Howard Hanna Mortgage Services Loan Officer.
- Bring To The Closing. Bring your homeowner's insurance policy, a certified check for closing costs, and your checkbook for any potential incidental costs.
- You're Home. Congratulations! Title has transferred, we will assure that you receive the title and keys to your home.
For a copy of your annual FREE Credit Report. CLICK HERE!