The Home Buying Process
Our goal at Howard Hanna Real Estate Services is to help everyone realize the American dream of home ownership. We've compiled an easy to follow, step-by-step guide to the process:
- Begin With The Best. Begin your home search by establishing a working relationship with your Howard Hanna real estate counselor at any of our conveniently located neighborhood locations.
- Become Financially Pre-approved. Begin your home search knowing you are approved to buy. Become pre-approved for your mortgage with the Howard Hanna Mortgage Services loan officer conveniently located in your Howard Hanna office.
- Refine Your Home Search. Your Howard Hanna sales associate will help you define your specific housing and lifestyle requirements and will present those homes which match your specified needs.
- Present The Offer to Purchase. Once you've found the home of your dreams, your Howard Hanna sales associate presents a written offer to purchase to the seller. The seller either accepts or rejects your offer, or makes a counter offer.
- Reaching an Agreement. You and the seller will agree on the price and terms, including closing and settlement dates.
- Sale Contract is Executed. We will oversee the contract of sale to assure proper execution.
- Mortgage Application Finalized. Secure your mortgage loan with your Howard Hanna Loan Officer.
- Earnest Money In Trust Account. At this point, all earnest money must be placed in a Trust Account through Barristers of Ohio Title and Escrow Services.
- Inspections Scheduled. At this time, the various home inspections you have elected will be scheduled.
- Ordering Title Insurance. We will order clear title verification and title insurance for your new home.
- Follow Up On Financing. Your Howard Hanna Mortgage Services Loan Officer will follow up on all details regarding the final mortgage commitment.
- Your Mortgage is Approved. Review the terms with your Howard Hanna Mortgage Services Loan Officer, sign and then return to lender.
- Purchase Home Owner's Insurance. Obtain homeowner's insurance, which is required by all lenders, prior to closing.
- Confirm Closing. Establish the desired date of closing with your Howard Hanna sales associate .
- Transfer of Utilities. Review the transfer of utilities with your Howard Hanna sales associate
- Confirm Closing Costs. Get the final closing costs from your Howard Hanna Mortgage Services Loan Officer.
- Bring To The Closing. Bring your homeowner's insurance policy, a certified check for closing costs, and your checkbook for any potential incidental costs.
- You're Home. Congratulations! Title has transferred, we will assure that you receive the title and keys to your home.