SO, YOU THINK YOU CAN’T SELL YOUR HOME IN TODAY’S MARKET?
Pricing your home correctly from the start is critical. When a property is newly listed for sale, it will generate excitement. If the seller lists their home above the market, they may lose the opportunity for showings from qualified buyers. The buyers may thing it is out of their price range and move on to another home. In today’s market, price, professional marketing, condition and location are the key elements that translate into a successful transaction.
HIRE A REALTOR WITH AN AGGRESSIVE MARKETING PROGRAM
Choose a realtor that drives demand for your property. OUR EXCLUSIVE GUARANTEED SALE PROGRAM is just one of the many marketing tools that will help set your home apart from your competition. 90 percent of buyers shop for homes on the internet. Our marketing includes 423 websites where every home is featured 24 hours a day, seven days a week, until it is SOLD!
ELIMINATE BUYER OBJECTIONS
The following are a few simple cost-effective suggestions that can generate a faster sale at a higher price with the least amount of hassle. Remember, we only get to make a good first impression once! The dollars and time spent on these details is well worth it!
- Cut the grass, plant flowers and trim the shrubs
- Power wash the home and deck
- Paint the exterior, if needed
- Buy a new mailbox and replace worn looking address numbers
- Replacing outside light fixtures will make the home feel newer and well cared for
- Make sure the front door is well lit and in good condition
- If you have a broken fence, fix it.
- If your cabinets are old, consider a fresh coat of white paint and a change of hardware.
- Add a new kitchen sink and faucet, and you’ll have updated the most important room in the house.
- This is relatively a small investment that will bring in a big return.
- Change the light bulbs. It sounds silly, but adding brighter bulbs throughout the entire home will make it feel bigger and more inviting.
- Buy a new shower curtain and clean the tub.
- Remove any worn or torn carpet.
- If yu have hardwood floors, show them off.
- If you have ripples in the carpet, have it stretched and steam cleaned.
- Interior light fixtures can date a home. Replacing old fixtures will give the home an updated feel.
- Make sure that all light bulbs in the home are working.
- Take a look at your light switches; if they are dirty, replace them.
Home Staging is a term used to describe the decorating techniques used to make a house more appealing to a potential buyer. We have had a lot of success with professional staging, and we offer free consultation as part of our services.
Last, but not least, DECLUTTER, DECLUTTER, DECLUTTER:
Organize your closets and cupboards. The overstuffed closet gives the impression that the home does not have enough storage space. Storage is very important to buyers.
Whether you are moving up to your dream home or buying your first home, now is truly a great time to buy. The interest rates are near all-time lows. In addition, the number of homes on the market translates into a great selection. When you consider the cost of renting over a period of five to ten years, it is a wake up call. Investing in real estate has over time proven to be an important component to wealth building, as well as providing a secure place to call home. Home ownership, after all, has always been called The American Dream.