At Howard Hanna, we are dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work. As part of that commitment, Howard Hanna Real Estate Services proudly supports more than 500 causes, charities and events annually in our market areas across the states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Virginia, Michigan, West Virginia, North Carolina and Maryland.
Company Vision Point #4
To give time and resources to help bring a better quality of life to those less fortunate.
The Howard Hanna Children’s Free Care Fund Foundation was established in April of 2012 to support the charitable activities of the Howard Hanna Children’s Free Care Fund annual campaign. It is governed by a board of directors serving two-to-four year terms. The Howard Hanna Children’s Free Care Fund is supported by the Hanna family and by the volunteer efforts of the company’s agents and employees, along with generous donations and sponsorships from the community.
In 1988, we began our annual campaign to raise money for the Free Care Fund at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh to assure that children would never be denied the best medical care available, whether helping children without health insurance pay for treatment or to fund cutting-edge care that insurance may not cover.
The first fundraising event was
Decades later, the campaign and company have grown to where we have 100+ Chow Chow events each
Current children’s hospital partners:
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Hamot Health Foundation (Erie, PA)
- Golisano Children's Hospital (Rochester, NY)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children – Erie (Erie, PA)
- Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center - Children’s Hospital (Hershey, PA)
- Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital (Cleveland, OH)
- John R. Oishei Children's Hospital (Buffalo, NY)
- University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital (Cleveland, OH)
- MetroHealth (Cleveland, OH)
- Albany Medical Center (Albany, NY)
- Akron Children’s Hospital (Akron, OH)
- C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters (Norfolk, VA)
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital (Columbus, OH)
Related programs and activities that have benefited from the Howard Hanna Children’s Free Care Fund:
- YMCA Send a Kid to Camp program
- Miracle League of the South Hills
- Safe Kids Erie
- North Star Reach
- Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services
- Urban League
- Holy Family Institute
- William Raveis Sandy Hook Elementary Education Fund
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Carnegie Legacy Project
- Genre’s Kids with Cancer Fund
Look up, not down. Look forward, not back.
Look out, not in. Lend a hand.
The Howard Hanna Children’s Free Care Fund is a registered non-profit 501 (c)(3). Federal Tax ID # 26-0812693.
Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.