If you are looking to simplify the home buying process, it's important to get your "ducks in a row."
Below is a list of the overall process, summarized for your convenience:
a "wish list" of features you'd like to see in your home. Don't be
shy! It's important to know what makes you comfortable and imagining
your space before you go out looking is going to help you when it's time
to begin viewing homes. While you're doing this, also make a list of
items that you absolutely do not want in your home. This will help
narrow down the options as well.
- Get pre-approved! Locate
a local, reputable lender who will educate and advise you on your best
options. A pre-approval will require that you provide financial
documentation such as, bank statements, pay stubs, tax returns, just to
name a few. The process doesn't take long, and this will give you the
"OK" to begin viewing homes once you have a ballpark number to work
within. If you don't know where to turn in this area, just ask! I'll
give you my list of preferred lenders who have worked with many of my
clients over the years. I'm sure you'll find one of them to be exactly
what you need.
- Hire a REALTOR® like
me! Having an advocate in the process of searching, negotiation and
the many steps along the way will give you an edge in your search. Once
you are at this point, it's important for us to meet to discuss how we
will handle the search process. I will go over what to expect from the
search itself, tips on how to weed out homes that won't fit your
criteria as well as cover what costs to expect and when as we search for
your next home.
- Begin viewing homes!
Once we are at this step, we'll be working closely together to determine
times to view properties together. I will arrange private tours of any
home currently listed on the market and we can view homes at a time
convenient for us all!
you've found "the one", it's time to write an offer! We will discuss
recent sales in the area as well as how your top pic compares to the
current competition and we will submit an offer on your behalf.
- Negotiations will include: pricing, time frame, items to remain in the home, inspections requested and title company requested.
- Once we have an accepted
offer, I will walk you through the process including the timing of the
agreement regarding loan application, inspections, repairs requested (if
any), utility transfer all the way to closing.
I will be there with you every step of the way until you get the keys and beyond.
So, if you
are considering making a home purchase, contact me today. I welcome
the opportunity to be your Realtor when purchasing your first, next or
selling a home, it's important to know that you have an experienced
professional on your side who will not only market your home
aggressively, but who will also provide unparalleled service.
is a summary of my home selling process. This step by step approach
will help your home stand out above the crowd when it comes time to put
the "For Sale" sign in the yard.
Preparing Your Home For Sale
- Obtain general information on your home via a detailed search of the real estate database and public records
- Prepare a personalized Market Analysis of the current competition, recent pending sales and closed sales in your area
- Provide staging advice so that your home will stand out above the competition. Preparation is everything and buyers recognize when a seller puts in the extra effort
- Sign the necessary documents to list your home for sale
- Install sign and lockbox
- Photograph your home
that your home is for sale it's time to let the world know about it!
Below is a list of just a few of the methods used to notify the public
and the Realtor community that your home is ready for showings and an
the Realtor community that your home is for sale via email, phone, the
Howard Hanna Hot List and e-card blasts to my comprehensive database of
agents at ALL brokerages
a Broker's Tour of your home. This provides an outlet for agents to
view your home to gain market knowledge, preview it on behalf of their
clients and to provide feedback on all the hard work we've done
preparing your home for sale
To the Buying Public:
- Just Listed Direct Mail campaign will be created to announce that your home is officially For Sale
- Enter your home, including photos, into the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) database
- Advertise your home on HowardHanna.com, Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, Homes.com, my social media site and more!
- Contact my list of potential buyers to notify them that I have a great new option for them to consider
Once your home has been listed I will:
- Assist in arranging showings on your home
- Provide you with feedback on the showings
- Review marketing efforts and provide progress reports along the way
- Pre-qualify any potential buyers
- Present and discuss ALL offers with you and provide advice an options
- Negotiate on your behalf in a clear and concise manner
- Navigate the transaction to closing including:
- Arranging for inspections with the buyer's agent
- Tracking the buyer's loan progress
- Making arrangements to meet the appraiser
- Arrange relocation services if you are moving out of state
believe that selling a home is a team effort. I like to work closely
with my clients to be certain we are marketing the right features in a
way that presents their home in the best possible light. This means
updating photography as seasons change, repositioning the price as
needed and more.
if you are considering selling your home, contact me today. I would be
privileged to work with you on your home sale and look forward to
hearing from you.