Families and Individuals
Home Buyer Assistance
Home Seller Assistance
Moving from the Region
Services for Companies
Home Finding, Sale & Rental Assistance
Hanna Asset Management
Hanna Gold Advantage
Senior Platinum Plus Program
Moving to the Region
Moving from the Region
- Arrange a Moving Company (see our recommendations on the Retail Alliance Partners Services list)
- Clear away the clutter
- Collect everything not to be moved for a Garage Sale or Charity Donation (keep receipts for tax records)
- Make an inventory of items to be moved
- Discuss with your Moving Company, insurance coverage during shipment, packing and unpacking services, shipment of plants, flammables and spray cans, computer equipment, etc.
Address Change/Phone Number
- Give forwarding address to the Post Office
- Notify Employer and/or former Employer(s) to ensure W-2's are forwarded to new City address
- Notify Banks, Brokerage Accounts, Charge Cards, Retail Credit Cards, Insurance Companies and Magazine Subscriptions
- Notify Friends and Family
- Notify any companies holding title to your automobile, boat, vacation homes, etc.
- Set up checking and savings account in new City
- Arrange credit references
- Arrange to remove contents of Safe Deposit Box and cancel box rental
- IMPORTANT: Stop all automated drafts from your checking or savings account and/or change the automated draft to your new accounts in the new City, this may include mortgage payments, utility, internet service, telephone, credit cards, etc.
- After move and when all checks have cleared on your old checking/savings account, arrange for final transfer of funds to the new City accounts.
Automobile & Home Insurance
- Contact Howard Hanna Insurance for Home and Automobile insurance in new City (724) 934-3100
- Notify your present insurance company of last day of coverage on your present home and make sure you receive credit for pre-paid homeowner insurance coverage
- Contact new school to determine what information the school requires to enroll your child, ie, transcripts, immunization records, etc.
- Notify children's school of pending move
- Request transcripts and all school records be sent to new school
- Obtain letters from teachers outlining strengths and areas of improvement for your children
- Ensure your have all family members… birth certificates, baptism records, passports, etc.
- STOP service in old City... START service in new City
- Obtain refunds on any deposits
- Return cable boxes, if necessary
- Set up wireless communications in new City
- Stop wireless service in old City
Medical, Dental, Eye Doctor, Prescriptions
- Ask your Doctor and Dentist for referral in the new City
- Obtain copies of all medical, immunization records and dental records
- Transfer needed prescriptions, eyeglasses, x-rays, etc.
- Make sure you have the maximum supply of necessary prescriptions prior to your move to allow for timing on prescription transfer and initial meeting with new Doctor
- Ask about registrations and licenses in new City
- Obtain your pets medical records and ask for referral to Vet in new City
- If you are transporting the pet(s) via air, train or bus, make sure license and vaccinations are current
- Ask about kennel facilities in the new City or make sure temporary housing allows for pets
Church, Clubs & Organizations
- Get letters of introduction from current contacts
- Transfer memberships if applicable